Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tied off

Ok, mom has had her splenic artery tied off. She is being closed up. All went well. The vascular surgeon was great. Her other surgeon should be out in a bit. (Sigh of relief) 

One interesting thing, mom's kids, i.e. me, are at greater risk of having this condition. Woohoo! So I should be checked out at a certain age and have a greater risk during pregnancy. One more thing to add to my family history. Oh how rich it is!

Keep praying. They had to give her some blood and collected her blood to give back to her. I am sure that she will be weak. Some of our favorite nurses are working today though. Hopefully She'll get one of them. I am sure that once she stabilizes we will all rest easier. I got a little nap in this morning.

I will update again in a while. Thank you Starbucks for your pumpkin spice latte. It kept me awake, but barely.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayers. I'm so happy everything is going better for her now Kara. Get some rest girl.

Anne Marie said...

SHe can have my blood! It is donation time again for me. I am B+
:-)

 
Designed by Lena