Monday, November 24, 2008

A Real Update

Ok. Now we have a real update. Mom had a splenic artery aneurysm. They are uncommon, but not rare. We have to wait until they can get 2 units of blood on hand, then the doctor will do surgery. Most likely it we will have to wait until Wednesday. The crazy part, this has nothing to do with her gallbladder! Two totally separate issues. 

We have a long road ahead-surgery in the next day or two followed by a week in the hospital, most if not all in the CCU. Mom will have to stay home for 1-2 weeks after the surgery. Her recovery will be rough. They have to open her up wide. The splenic artery sits in the back below many other organs. They have to go digging. 

I know where I will be for the next while. We are all relieved. And tired. I am going to need a vacation around Christmas! But, my mommy is ok! We know what is going on now. Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much. Please pray for peace, a speedy recovery, a smooth surgery, and rest for us all. Mom is so much better already. She just called me from the hospital, checking on me! She is on her way back to herself. 

I will keep you updated as we move forward. Pray for the blood to arrive safely and soon!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Oh I am so glad they found the problem. I'm sure that is such a relief off everyone's mind. I'll continue to keep your mom in my prayers. Keep us updated.

Meghan said...

I'm praying, friend!

Can I bring you anything? Is there anything that you need?

Jen said...

This is what my dad had, I think. Sounds the same. We are praying, praying, praying.

 
Designed by Lena