Monday, May 25, 2009

Bock Bocks Everywhere!

Okay, so they aren't everywhere. But currently so many in the incubator that I can't count them through the fogged up windows. The first five are Wuella, Xena, Trace, Atta Girl, and Edith. I lost count and names there after. There are at least 10 counting Wuella.They hatched all day yesterday and all night last night. I was one tired mama hen!

I can't get a picture. The windows are fogged clear over. Believe me, I wish that I could get some. I want to see the little buggers!

Keep praying for our first, Wuella. She is still hanging in there. Her legs haven't corrected yet. I keep telling her that it is okay to have braces because her mommy, myself, did when I was a little baby. She has drank a bit and I think that she ate some accidentally. She doesn't seem to have the energy to peck at food. I want her to make it, so I have been rotating chicks from the incubator into the brooder with her to keep her company(no baby likes to be alone) and to show her how to drink and peck. It is about time to put another one in and switch the current one out. It becomes apparent how little she is and how strong they are after a while. She must take after her namesake Manuel.He is a persistent guy. I couldn't name her Manuel, so Wuella it was. Wuella is tough and hanging in there. I am not going to force feed her. She has to learn to peck.

The others should come out of the incubator in a day or two. I want Wuella to be strong so that she doesn't get trampled on. I might have to make a partition in the incubator for her. We'll see. The constant peeping and raucous sounds that come from the incubator are cute, funny, calming and exciting all at the same time. I can't wait to take them out! 

Stay tuned....

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena