Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Can't Have Her Feeling Neglected

Lleulu has been feeling a bit left out. So here she is in all of her splendor.

She was walking toward the oven because she smelled banana bread baking. No lie. It is her favorite treat in the whole wide world.

Yes, the banana bread will be out soon my love! Rest assured, she did get some.


We still love you Lleulu!

If your cat or your family loves banana bread, or you just need a good recipe, try this:

My mom's banana bread recipe


3 plus really ripe bananas mashed up( I often use four or five and add a bit more sugar and flour)

1 cup plus or minus sugar(depends on banana ripeness and how sweet you like it)

1 egg

around 1/4 cup of oil (more oil= more dense and moist)

1 cup of self rising flour (add more flour for a more cake like bread)


I start with the banana. Add the sugar, egg and oil. Then the flour. Pour it into preferred oiled baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. cover with foil for a very moist bread, leave out to cool for a crunchy crust.


If you follow the recipe as is it makes a fairly dense, moist bread. Yummy!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jo said...

I made banana berry muffins today. Today must have just been a good warm banana something day. :)

Unknown said...

Did I ever tell you about Pott's fetish for banana bread? If I ever had it out in the kitchen stored in a ziplock back on the counter, I'd no doubt come in the kitchen one morning and find the bag on the floor with holes in it and large chunks of it eaten. It would make me so mad. I had to start storing it in the fridge.

He also really liked salad dressing.

I hate talking about him in past tense.

Kara said...

Jennifer, I do remember Potts' affinity for banana bread. I am thankful that Lleulu does not jump onto the counters or table. I bet she would love salad dressing. You can come pet my manic cat any day. We all miss Potts.

Heather said...

thanks...i was just thinking that i needed to make some.

 
Designed by Lena