Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas eve and my sewing is not done. I have decided that I will get it done when I can, give people cards in the meantime, and support the USPS by mailing their gifts after the holiday rush.. I am not super woman, and why did I decide to try new patterns on a limited time schedule? I don't know. 

I have decided that the gifts are not what Christmas is all about, so I won't stress over them. It is a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord. It is a time to enjoy family and friends. I want to relax and contemplate Christ's birth. I want to think about the year, there is a lot to process from the past one, and a lot to hope for in the next. I spent all day yesterday with some dear girl friends. It was the highlight of my holiday so far. It reminded me that I would rather have the gift of time with friends and family than a material gift. We could have eaten hot dogs and played cards all day and I wouldn't have cared, as long as I was with my beloved friends. Today the family time starts. I am praying the same for family time.

My Christmas wish for you? That you will enjoy the magic of the holiday through the birth of our Savior, the warm love of family and friends, and the peace that comes from God above. Merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awww. I miss you guys already. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Amen! We're finally done with all our family commitments for this year and I've decided that we're revamping Christmas for next year.

The girl's day was the highlight for me too!

 
Designed by Lena