Friday, January 2, 2009

Where'd It Go?

Where did my Christmas break go? I can't believe that I only have two more days until work begins again. I should be grateful that we have a work day before the students come back. Being on a regular schedule will be good though. I have to start going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. It is going to hurt.

It seems like a lot has happened in the past week. I guess it has. We traveled to South Carolina to see Dave's dad, step-mom, and Grandma. Other family were there too. It was a good time. Their new house is lovely. The neighborhood is really nicely planned too, lots of sidewalks and shops nearby. I can't wait to go back when it is a bit warmer!

After SC we headed to NC to celebrate Christmas with Dave's mom, step-dad, sister and her family. A good time was had by all. Their new house is great too. Lots more room for everyone. We will have to go back when we can spend more time. 

This week flew by! 2009 came before I was ready for it. And good news too. I do not have  a splenic artery aneurysm! Yay! The techs today were certain. The doctor had emergency surgery, but will be in touch. I had been nervous about this in the back of my mind. I am relieved. 

I got to see Heather twice this week. That was a miracle. I love that girl. I love my girlfriends. I didn't get to see near as many of them over my break as I had hoped to, but we have plans in the making. I hope that this year brings lots of good times with friends. 

This year we also have 3 friends fighting tough battles. My great uncle Terrell and our friend Stuart are both currently battling cancer. One of Dave's coworkers was diagnosed recently and the news isn't good. All of this has been a lot to take in and we are still processing the news. We are praying hard too.

Looks like an uphill road to start the year. We have lots to be thankful for and lots to pray for. Thank you for your prayers and support this last year. I am excited to see what this year brings our way. Hopefully you will get to see it all here. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I was one of the one's that didn't get a chance to see you over the holidays.

Stupid sick head. (That would be me).

New Year's Eve Eve Zack's dad went to the ER at Emory because he couldn't breathe and was about to go into cardiac arrest. He's now in the ICU on a respirator and things aren't looking good. When I have a chance, I'll give you a call to catch you up on everything.

I miss you, friend.

Susie said...

Kara it sounds like you have been very busy. Hopefully you will have a couple of relaxing days before returning to work.

I hope 2009 will be a wonderful year for you!

 
Designed by Lena