Wednesday, January 12, 2011

wow....

I find myself sitting here stunned. The phone rang. No school tomorrow again. That makes four days in a row. I almost wept as I listened to the recorded message. No, not because I am sad about missing work or mad about missing the pay. But because I feel like God knew that I needed a break. "But Kara, we just had Christmas break!" you say. Yes, but it was short. Barely a week for us this year and filled with loads of running around. When school started back I left my Christmas decorations up just to cheer me at the end of the day. I have just been so tired. I felt my heart crying out to God, " I need more time, God! I don't know if I can do this. I am so tired."

I think He heard me. He didn't just still my mind and heart. He stilled the whole town with a blanket of snow and a sparkly sheet of ice. It has been SO quiet for days. My mind and body have rested. I have been warmed by the fire. I have had no desire to leave the house or feel the need to see friends. I haven't even picked up the phone to call a friend for conversation. I am content. I know that God knows me. And sometimes I have to be slowed down to be reminded of that.

I know that people are getting frustrated by being stuck at home, the natives are getting restless. Maybe we need to slow down sometimes. It is a hard thing to do voluntarily. So, when we are made to, sometimes it seems unfair. Not this go round for me. I have embraced it. Another afternoon snuggled up by the fire is coming right up! My heart is pretty full right now. And I am ok with that.

3 comments:

joeybelle said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

We have also been so thankful for the snow. We desperately needed family time, quiet time, rest time. Another day, another blessing! Stay warm!!!

Julie said...

I'm not restless at all! Of course, I've been working from home, but I could keep this up. I was shocked to see it on the news, too. Four days - and in advance - wow!

 
Designed by Lena