Thursday, June 21, 2012

Here We Go!!!!

So, the title of this post may be more interesting than what I am writing about.

Exploratory surgery, anyone? Why, yes please.

That is right. This morning I go into the operating room for exploratory laparoscopy. This is all part of our walking down the path to find answers for our infertility. Cysts were seen on my ovaries during an ultrasound. They appear to be blood filled, which led to the diagnosis of endometriosis. However, I don't have many symptoms of endometriosis. My doctor is perplexed and curious. She seems like she wants to know what is going on in there just as much as I do! The only definitive way to know is to take a look.

So, that is what we are doing. Getting a good look at my ovaries and my abdominal cavity. I get to be blown up with gas. I wonder what that will be like. I hear it can be painful afterwards. The cysts may or may not be removed. I appreciate that my doctor is conservative and if there is a chance that she can not  safely remove them then they will remain. If there is anything else suspicious going on and she can safely do something about it, then she will. I am hopefully that my ovaries just a need a little clean to get the job done and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Either way, we are praying for answers and direction.

I'll be spending the next few days taking it easy, possibly heavily medicated, watching episodes of something on netflix. Which is fine because I have spent the last few days cleaning like a a crazy person. I have had this desire for everything in the house to be in its place and in order before I take my leave. Whew!!! It wore me out.

I will keep y'all updated when I know more. We will know a bit more after surgery but any lab work can take two weeks.

What are you doing this Thursday?

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena