Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kitty's got a new name


Finally some pictures for you! Here is kitty. We have changed her name to Lleulu. It is pronounced "Loo-loo". I wanted to keep Saber to remember her old owners, but I couldn't say it a billion times a day. So sticking with the "light saber" thing, Lleulu means light. I am happy with it. And apparently so is she. She is sitting in my lap while I am typing. Too cute. I am glad that she is still small! She had her second bath today and she did great! 

Our neighbor's did move and did not take Lleulu. They said that she never did use the litter box so they put her outside.I  think it was having 4 kids in the house that kept her from the litter box. She is doing just fine here.  They are glad that she has a home. Lleulu's mom died and all of her siblings. She had to have a lot of spunk to survive and she shows  it!  I'll have to try to catch her on film, I mean digital media, flying through the air.

I found an organization called Casper's Fund. They are helping to pay for Lleulu to get spayed in return for volunteer hours. Woohoo!!! After much research, I found Lifeline and that is where we are taking her to get spayed and they will give her all of her shots. The cost there, even without Caper's Fund, is much less than a regular vet. And they are so nice! FYI they also have a program to spay and neuter wild cats. I am really excited about that too!

 The full Lleulu effect when she still lived out doors. Yes, I have given in and she is an indoor kitty. 


Here are the ginormous pumpkins we tried to pick from on our way home from Helen. Can you see why I wanted to bring one home and why I had a hard time NOT shoving one in the car? I am happy with my little pie pumpkins. The pie has yet to be made.


This is a shot at Anna Ruby Falls. It was about 1 1/2 miles from our cabin in Unicoi. It was a nice little water fall. This picture makes me relax and need to pee all at the same time.

How was my birthday you ask? It was great! I have checked many things off of my list. The weekend before my birthday I went to a wedding party for some friends and that fulfilled my craving for wine and cheese. I also gave in and bought some cheese. It is my birthday month, what can I say. On my birthday one of the classes at school threw me a mini-surprise party. You haven't heard of this either? They had me called to their room, turned off the lights and yelled surprise when I walked in. They gave me an amazing birthday banner, candy bars and a balloon. Thanks Ms. Dunham's class! A little while later while I was sitting at my desk I heard a knock on the door. I looked up and saw Mandy-one of my best friends! She surprised me with flowers from her and Jessica-another best friend. Yes, I am blessed with many best friends.  I visited with Mandy for a few minutes and returned cheerily to my desk. Not 10 minutes later I was called up to the front office. That's weird. When I arrived i saw a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries and a balloon from my Hubby. Is he great or what? Chocolate covered strawberries are waaayyyy better than roses! They don't last as long, but they sure do make you smile. I shared a few, then loaded all of my booty into the car. That night we went to Buckhead Burrito. It has nothing to do with Buckhead and they have the best fish tacos and burritos. Simple. Good. The End. 

Birthday celebrations are still happening. Dinner with girlfriends this weekend and flower planting to come.


And since I can't get enough, more of Lleulu! She is still sleeping on my lap. Cute kitty. 


4 comments:

Susie said...

What a wonderful birthday you had! Aren't surprises great?

Love your new kitty! She is so cute. My husband is allergic so I can't have kitties. Wish I could.

Julie said...

You forgot to mention the ice cream cake!

Cute pictures. Your new kitten is adorable.

Jo said...

I love her and her awesome new name! I hope you had a super birthday. Maybe next year I can come down and celebrate with you!!!

Lynn said...

Cute pics of the kitty and I love the title of your blog. Oh, and happy belated birthday. :)

 
Designed by Lena