Sunday, July 6, 2008

No Other Gods



This is the Bible study that I am doing this summer with a few girlfriends. Can I just say that it is really good?! I asked my friends yesterday to get on to me about taking the time to do the study. I had been pretty lazy about carving time out of my day for this. We have a spoken rule that you don't have to do your homework, but it is so much better if you do! I got home last night and did a whole week's worth of lessons. The more time I seem to spend on it, the more I want to do. I have read more scripture than I have in a year at least. I have been encouraged and challenged. I want to read more of the Bible, seek out more truth, spend more time with God. I am realizing how depraved I had been. How refreshing God's word is! 
Are you ready to confront our modern-day idols? Check this out. You will be blessed. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Kara! It's awesome how "alive" God's word is and it gives us life. I'm loving doing this study with you!

Kara said...

Thanks Jennifer! I am enjoying it too!

joeybelle said...

Hi Kara,
I was so intrigued and encouraged by your blog on this study that I went on a hunt this morning for the book, but finally came home and just ordered it online. :) I downloaded a podcast on iTunes by the same author. Can't wait to dive into this study.
Miss you, Friend!
email me sometime - joeybelle@gmail.com
Take Care,
Geoffrey

 
Designed by Lena