Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another Day

Do you ever wonder how my days are filled all day at a high school? I work in special ed, but I can assure you that not all of my students are special. Okay, okay. I know that they are special in the eyes of God. I get that. 

Here is a snippet of my day today. Some things were said by students that made me giggle without any control. I still have a smile on my face thinking about it. Let me share with you...
This morning there was an assembly held for juniors and seniors about making wise decisions and not drinking and driving. The prom is Friday. While talking about this with one of my freshman, in all sincerity he asked, "Are they serving alcohol at prom?" I almost lost it, and could have laughed hard enough to pee my pants. Instead I put my head down on my desk and burst into giggles. If I had had enough sense I would have told him yes and given him empty dreams to look forward to in how ever long it takes him to become a junior. Mean,  I know.
In another classroom, talk of prom was circulating in the air. One of the girls commented, "I can't stand up all night at prom. Are there going to be chairs there?" Wow. These things were truly vocalized. Scary but true.

On to a Garden Report. Here is the field. Plowed and ready to go.



I am going over to Mom and Dad's tomorrow to plant some. We'll try to get the beans, corn, cucumbers and squash in the ground for now. We'll wait for the soil to warm up to plant the okra, tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, etc. I am so excited!!

News Flash-I have taken on another garden. A while back I asked my 93 year old neighbor, who is much like a grandmother to me and has known me since I was in my mother's womb, if I could work a spot in her garden. After a few weeks of contemplation and heath issues she told me that I can do what I want, but leave some of her onions and chives. This is great! Not only do I have a place to plant a few things near home, we have a gate between our fence, but she will be able to piddle in the garden patch when she feels up to it. Here come more tomatoes, beans, peppers and squash. She love peppers and tomatoes. Oh, and don't forget the cucumbers. I think this is going to turn out to be a busy summer. I am loving it!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena