Thursday, February 4, 2010

One of My Favorite Days

Groundhog day is one of my favorite days of the year. Not so much for the superstitions, but because of my L-O-V-E for the movie Groundhog Day. I simply love Bill Murray in this movie and it is one of the few movies that I can watch over and over again. Every time I watch it I catch something new, too. And every time I watch it I crack up.

This movie also holds special meaning because Dave and I watched it on our honeymoon, all of those moons ago. We still watch it at least once a year. I decided this year that Groundhog Day should be a special day in our house. Why not make it our own personal Valentines day? Valentines is overrated anyway and has become pizza night in our house. I need to plan better for this..... but for this year's Groundhog Day I bought Dave a card and a donut ~ in remembrance of the scene when Bill Murray has a table full of food in front of him at the diner. I crack up every time!!
I also like celebrating Groundhog Day as our own, even if it is more after the movie than Punxsutawney Phil. I hope that every year of our marriage brings days that I want to live over and over again with my husband, and in doing so, that the memories become sweeter and sweeter. I love you Dave!! I'm so glad I've got you, Babe.

Sorry Punxsutawney Phil.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Bill Murray is one of my favorites and Baxter and I love all of his movies. I mean, really,has he done a bad movie?
-Ghostbusters
-Caddyshack
-Stripes
-Groundhog Day
-What About Bob?
-Lost in Translation
-Scrooged
The list goes on and on. He is awesome!

 
Designed by Lena