Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Oh a holiday. How did I spend mine? In a car on the way home from a family reunion in Jackson, TN. We had a great time. I only wish that I hadn't come down with a nasty cold right before the weekend. I coughed, hacked and sniffled all weekend. I saw family that I hadn't seen in 18 years and family that I had never met. Dave picked up a brick from my grandmother's old house, a treasure for sure. I rode through cow fields with my Dad's cousin and ate apple pie with my great aunt in her 185 year old house. Dave stumbled across and bought a sweet old amp that needs a lot of love for very little moola, perhaps a little gift from the Big Guy. West Tennessee is beautiful. I just wish that it wasn't so darn hot! We'll go back before another 18 years go by I am sure of it. Pictures are in abundance, I just have to get them off of the camera and on here. 

For now, I am off to bed. Gotta give this ailing body some rest before I have to go back and see those ragamuffins that gave me this cold in the first place. Gotta love school. 

How did you spend the holiday?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I hope you feel better! Woohoo! Short work week.

Susie said...

Hi Kara,

Sounds like a great Labor day to me! Always fun to see family you haven't seen in years.

We spent our Labor day watch Gustav hit the coast and watching it approach us. Today is worse than yesterday, more wind and lots of rain. Let us just say it was restful because we couldn't do much else.

 
Designed by Lena