Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seasons of Change

The seasons changing always affect me. I love fall. I love the color of the leaves. I love to have hot tea on a cold day. Fall is my favorite season. Maybe because the changes are so evident. Maybe because it is birthday and anniversary season. Maybe because Fall ushers in the holiday season.

Well, we are changing seasons in life this year too. Dave has landed a new job. He starts the last day of November. This is an answer to prayer. This is change. Change is good. Change is hard. Change is stressful.

The thing is that God opened this door. This has been hoped for. We are so excited about the possibilities~to get out of debt, to get promotions, to learn new things. The hours might be rough for while. He might have to work the holidays. But after Fall comes the Winter then the Spring. I am looking forward to the Spring.

I think that our time together in this new season will be sweeter. The moments not taken for granted so much. We took a great drive to Blue Ridge on Sunday to buy apples. We so enjoyed the time together, relaxed and laid back. I hope that we have more of those. I am wondering what the next season will bring.

What has this season brought you?

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Baxter's new job has brought much needed relief to us financially but he has had much less time with us. The time w/ him is sweeter. In fact, I think I need to devote a post to this too. Enjoy all of your seasons, God created them all and each has its' purpose.

Jen said...

YEA!!! I'm so glad he got it!

 
Designed by Lena