Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sketchy...

We live in a pretty quiet, older neighborhood. I love it here. We have a 94 year old neighbor on one side of us and a 80 something couple on the other side. I love them. I also love knowing most of the people on our street, even the business owners. We have a great new renter across the street and a really nice mix of people. 

One of our newer neighbors is sketchy. When they first moved in we thought that they were dealing drugs. Maybe they were. Maybe they are. One thing after another makes us suspicious of them. I am not judgmental, but I do keep an eye out on our neighborhood. We called the owner of the house today and he is close to evicting our new neighbors since they haven't paid rent for two months. He also said that if we know anyone who is willing to rent the house, he will kick them out asap. Anyone want to be our neighbor? It's a cute 3 bedroom, 1 office, 1 bathroom house with all wood floors and a fenced in back yard. If you want info, let me know!

In the words of Fred Rogers,
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I have always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.
So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we are together, we might as well say
Won't you please, won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?"

Yes that was straight from memory. Sorry if the words aren't exactly correct.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Well if we were moving back to GA that house sounds perfect, but we're not. Hope all is with you.

 
Designed by Lena