Monday, August 2, 2010

Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Gluten Free Baking

I tried baking for the fist time on my new healthy eating plan a couple of weeks ago. I found some recipes on a fantastic website called Elana's Pantry. She actually has a coconut milk ice cream recipe on the home page right now. I might have to try that one!!

Anyway, she does her baking with coconut flour or almond flour and calls for very few ingredients compared to most gluten free baking recipes. So, I gave the blueberry muffins and lemon poppy seed muffins a whirl.

I forgot to take a picture of the blueberry ones. But these look pretty good, huh? I think they tasted pretty good too. I will definitely make them again.

What I learned? I don't miss baked good as much as I expected. I ate a couple of muffins and didn't want any more. Weird. Coconut flour makes a different texture of baked goods. It is noticeable but not bad. It is high in fiber and protein. I think that makes you eat less. Maybe not.

I can't wait to get some almond flour to make some more recipes!! Thanks Elana!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena